Home

So, I've been a bad blogger. I apologize, and there really isn't a good excuse either. I'm sorry everyone!

Basically what happened in the last few weeks is I arrived home on June 6 to a beautiful mother and father, waiting at the airport for me! My first flight was 7 hours, a layover of 8 hours, and a second flight of 7 hours, plus getting there early, picking up luggage and whatnot all added up to almost a full 24 hours of travel. I was exhausted! Yet strangely pumped full of adrenaline.

So my mom and dad and I decided to bike around the Toronto islands. The fresh air smelt sooooo good, and the lake was sooo beautiful, and I was crying and laughing, semi-hysterical but definitely having a good time.

Now I've been home for several weeks, and the shock of coming home (although it really didn't seem like that much) is slowly going away. I'm so incredibly happy to see my friends again, and my family, and all the people who have supported me while I was gone! I want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has read this blog, and has sent me messages and comments encouraging me while I was away. It truly meant so much to me!

I want to thank my family as well. They have been with me through this whole trip through emails and phone calls and Skyping, and I am thrilled to be living back in a place where I can speak to my mom and dad face to face every day! Mom and dad especially, you have helped me get through a lot of lonely and difficult times while I was gone. You have been a gigantic blessing to me! And also my family in Nigeria. You are a part of me now, and I am so grateful for the time that I could spend with you, learning about you and loving you. I am so blessed to know you.

And of course I need to thank my God. You called me, you sustained me, and you brought me home safe. I can't take any of the glory for what happened on this trip. It's all Yours.

Thankyou so much for riding this roller coaster with me!

I made a short video of some of the things I experienced while I was there. Enjoy!


(I am temporarily shutting this blog down, so you needn't worry about updates about my "normal" life. But please stay subscribed! I hope to use this blog again when I go on trips like this in the future!)

Comments

Popular Posts